A healthy breakfast can also be tasty. Sustainable, unrefined and quality ingredients make the difference. So even simple cakes like these become special. Red berries, combined with chocolate, are the winning union of this recipe.
2 organic large eggs
75 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
250 (9 oz) Brown rice flour, sifted
15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate 70%
2 tbsp unsweetened raw cocoa powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
80 ml (3 fl oz) brown rice milk (or other vegetable milk)
60 ml (2½ fl oz) extra virgin olive oil (or 75 ml-3 fl oz organic cold-pressed sunflower oil)
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp dried red berries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Combine the flour with baking powder, stirring until dough is smooth.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add to the dough along with the unsweetened cocoa. Add cinnamon, milk at room temperature and oil, mixing the dough quickly.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of sea salt. Combine the egg whites to the dough, using a spatula and stirring from the bottom up so that they do not disassemble.
- Place the baking paper and pour the mixture into the mold (for single portions choose 12 cm (4½ in) round tin). Add the dried red berries.
- Bake for 25 minutes.