Chocolate and cocoa chips muffins are one of my few recipes made with butter.
In my cakes, I rarely use butter and only if of high quality. When I have the chance to buy it in the farms I know it will make a difference.
High quality dark chocolate and brown rice flour add another touch of quality to this simple but so delicious recipe, perfect for breakfast or tea time.
Makes 8-10 muffins
80 g (3 oz) organic high quality butter
200 g (7 oz) organic dark chocolate, 70%
2 free range organic eggs
80 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
80 ml (3 fl oz) organic milk
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tbsp unsweetend cocoa powder
80 g (3 oz) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180° (350°/Gas 4). Melt the butter. Turn off the fire and add the chocolate. Make it cool.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until you get a clear mixture. Add the milk and melted chocolate.
- Add the sifted flour with baking powder and cocoa. Quickly blend the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips of chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into baking papers and cook for 25 minutes.