Chocolate and barley coffee cake it’s a sweet break with all the lightness of barley coffee.
A rich, moist cake, with two intense flavors: the strongest of 80% dark chocolate and the most delicate barley coffee. Oat flour and whole wheat stone ground flour, give a good nutritional value. The date syrup is the natural sweetener which makes this chocolate and barley coffee cake particularly delicious.
150 g (5 oz) oat flour, sifted
150 (5 oz) whole wheat stone ground flour, sifted
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp vanilla Bourboun powder
1 tsp raw cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
50 ml (2 fl oz) organic instant soluble barley coffee
2 organic free range eggs
150 ml (5 fl oz) organic cold pressed sunflower oil
3 tbsp dates syrup
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate, 80%, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°/Gas 4).
- In a bowl, combine the flours with baking powder, vanilla, cocoa, soluble barley coffee and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the yolks with oil and date syrup.
- In the bowl with the flours pour the liquids ingredients and mix.
- Add the whipped eggs whites, mixing from bottom to top. Add the the chocolate.
- Pour the dough into a mold (28 cm), covered with baking paper.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes.