Apple and almonds vegan galette is such a simple, yet delicious natural treat.
An easy, fast and greedy idea, perfect especially for children, usually reluctant to eat fruit. The vegan puff pastry, palm oil free, crunchy and fragrant, is covered with a spoonful of toasted almonds. Apples are soaked in lemon juice, sweetened with coconut sugar and a tablespoon of pear jam. A delicious apple and almonds vegan galette, ideal as a snack or dessert.
1 sheet (or about one 14 ounce package) puff pastry, palm oil free
2 tbsp white almonds, chopped and toasted
4 red or golden apples
The juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp brown rice milk/drink
2 tbsp pear jam
1 tbsp raw coconut sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Roll out the puff pastry into a mold, lined with baking paper. Prick the puff pastry with the prongs of a fork. Sprinkle the surface with a tablespoon of ground almonds, chopped.
- Peel the apples and dip them in lemon juice to avoid blackening.
- In a saucepan, heat the pear jam with brown rice milk. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the apples over the puff pastry, cover with jam. Add another tablespoon of almonds.
- Sprinkle with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Bake at 180° (350°/ Gas 4) and cook for 15 minutes.