These broccoli dairy free small cakes are complete from a nutritional point of view, containing carbohydrate, protein and vitamins. Perfect for a brunch, they are ideal with a mix of salads or crudités and a good glass of wine.
One of the ingredients I used for this recipe is oat milk, light and digestible. It has a low glycemic index and is rich in vitamin E and folic acid, ideal for sweet and savory recipes.
Broccoli dairy free small cakes: Ingredients
100 g (3 ½ oz) broccoli (better if romanesco)
200 g (7 oz) wholewheat flour, sifted
15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder for savory cakes
2 tsp sea salt
75 g (3 oz) vegan cheese, grated
White pepper,to taste
2 large organic free range eggs
50 ml (2 fl oz) oat milk
125 ml (4 ½ fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
Broccoli dairy free small cakes: Method
- Cut the broccoli, removing the leaves and the hardest parts. Cook in salted water for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas 4).
- Mix together the dry ingredients – the flour, baking powder, salt, vegan cheese and white pepper.
- Beat the eggs with oat milk and olive oil, continuing until it emulsifies. Gradually, add the dry ingredients, stirring quickly. Add the broccoli.
- Place the dough in appropriate cake molds (12-hole muffin tin or a 12 cm (4½ in) round tin) and bake for 12–15 minutes.