Orange gluten free cookies are a must in Sicilian winter table.
Oranges, so precious and sweet, are the hero of the tables of Southern Italy with both savory and sweet recipes.
Sicilian oranges have unique organoleptic characteristics, so their taste, nutritional values and sweetness (especially blood oranges) are truly among the best in the world.These cookies celebrate the triumph of the orange. From the juice to the honey and the yogurt, these orange-flavored ingredients create a perfect mix, sweet to the right point but not intrusive. These fragrant, crumbly and gluten free orange cookies, are perfect served as a dessert, accompanied by a dessert wine or a cup of hot tea or coffee, for a soak or just to be crunched.
Makes about 15 cookies
One orange zest, untreated
75 ml (3 fl oz) organic orange juice
75 ml (3 fl oz) orange honey
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour
1 tbsp organic baking powder
150 g (5 oz) high quality cold butter, cut into cubes
1 large beaten egg and yolk
1 tbsp orange yogurt
1 tsp organic vanilla powder “Bourbon”
- In a bowl, mix, the orange zest with its juice and the honey.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder and knead with the butter until the mixture is sandy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead quickly.
- Form a ball and let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and, with the molds you have chosen, make the desired shapes.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 10–12 minutes.