Muffins with hot milk and olive oil are a soft, healthy breakfast treat.
I believe that every woman who loves home baking has often enjoyed a homemade treat with hot milk. This a great basic recipe for beginners. Milk (in my recipes vegetable brown rice mlk) is almost always in my cakes because it gives that extra smoothness that allows them to remain soft for several days. A simple addition that makes all the difference.
How to have the perfect dome on your muffins? As many of you know, the little trick is let the dough rest in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. The thermal shock, once placed in the oven, creates this lovely effect.
Muffins with hot milk and olive oil: Ingredients
100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic brown rice milk (or organic high quality cow milk)
1 free range organic egg
100 ml (3½ fl oz)raw coconut sugar
Pinch of sea salt
250 g (9 oz) white Farro flour, sifted
15 g (½ oz) organic baking powder
1 tsp organic “Bourbon” vanilla powder
5 tbsp mild extra virgin olive oil (or 8 tbsp organic high oleic cold pressed sunflower oil
Muffins with hot milk and olive oil: Method
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Heat the milk without letting it come to a boil.
- Whip the eggs with raw coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the flour, sifted with baking powder an vanilla.
- Pour the hot milk a little at a time into the dough. Add the oil and mix quickly.
- Pour the batter into muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.