Strawberry and tofu salad is a smart recipe to try.
The combination of fruit and vegetables is a pleasant alternative to taste seasonal fruit more often than not just as a dessert or snack.
This fresh salad is simple, colorful, fragrant and has a really delicious sauce, prepared with the strawberries juice. Tofu makes it a complete dish, rich in vegetable protein and nourishment.
It is a dish (except for tofu) whose main ingredients all come from my garden, including strawberries and this is the real luxury.
It would take only a touch of extra virgin olive oil to have a delicious vegan dish. Strawberry sauce is one of the key to this colorful, healthy dish.
Strawberry and tofu salad: Ingredients
150 g (5 oz) silky tofu
150 g (5 oz) rocket-aragula
150 g (5 oz) curly (endive) salad
A tuft of fresh oregano
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
The juice of one lemon
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
Strawberry and tofu salad: Method
- Cut the silky tofu into cubes and boil for 10 minutes in salted water to make it even more digestible. Drain the tofu and set aside.
- Wash and dry the vegetables.
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Take ten strawberries and cut into rounds.
- Pour the remaining ten strawberries, oregano, apple vinegar, oil, salt, lemon and shake into a glass of the immersion mixer.
- Pass the strawberry puree through a fine sieve and collect the liquid in a bowl.
- In a salad bowl, arrange the tofu, the vegetables and the sliced strawberries. Dress with the strawberry sauce, balsamic vinegar and serve with bread crumbs.