Vegan rustic strawberry galette is a simple, yet delicious summer treat.
Strawberries are one of the fruits that I love the most. Unfortunately, their season is short and, as far as I am concerned, it is unthinkable to replace them with frozen ones. In my vegetable garden, strawberry cultivation is limited, so, when in season, I get my supplies from my farmer. If I can, I freeze a bit of strawberries in order to have a good quantity for the whole summer.
They are so sweet and good that I prefer to eat them alone. Of course, their versatility in the kitchen allows you to consume them in various ways, even as a salad. On this site, you will find many natural recipes made with strawberries.
This recipes is really simple but so tasty. It is made with a vegan and organic puff pastry, sprinkled with coconut sugar, and caramelized strawberries with dates syrup.
Vegan rustic strawberry galette: Ingredients
300 (11 oz) fresh strawberry
The juice of one lemon
1 tbsp dates syrup
2 tbsp raw coconut sugar
1 tsp ground raw coconut sugar
1 sheet vegan puff pastry (or palm oil free)
Vegan rustic strawberry galette: Method
- Wash and cut the strawberries into rounds and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a pan, pour the dates syrup, a tablespoon of coconut sugar, strawberries and caramelize them for three minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a greased baking sheet or covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the second tablespoon of sugar. Cover with the strawberries.
- Bake, in preheated oven, for 15–20 minutes at 180°C (350°F/gas 4).