Gluten free spaghetti with breadcrumbs is a tribute to Sicilian food.
Breadcrumbs are one of the main ingredient of Sicilian cuisine. A poor cuisine born from the imagination of people able to make special recipes with few but ingredients. The Sicilian farmers were able to create a dish so rich in flavor that they did not fear comparisons with more elaborate dishes. Pasta with anchovies, breadcrumbs and capers is part of the Sicilian tradition. My version is a delicious idea, ideal for gluten intolerant and more.
1 clove garlic
5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp desalted capers
A bunch of parsley
1 dry sandwich, gluten free
Pinch of sea salt
350 g (14 oz) Spaghetti, gluten free
- Clean and crush the garlic. In a frying pan, heat three tablespoons of oil, add garlic, capers and mix.
- Wash and cut the parsley and add in pan.
- Cut the dry bread and chop until you get a very rough crunch.
- In another frying pan, heat three tablespoons of oil and toast the bread crumbs with salt.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and add to the pan with the seasoning.
- Mix the pasta with bread crumbs and serve.