This gluten free fruit cake is perfect to recycle already ripe fruit and also to encourage children, often reluctant, to consume more fruit.
This recipe is totally gluten-free and dairy free and is made with unrefined ingredients, as all my recipes.
Almond flour is one of the special key ingredients of this recipe and goes perfectly with pineapples and apricots. The date syrup (available in the best organic food stores), with a low glycemic index, and ripe fruit give a delicate sweetness to this perfect summer gluten free fruit cake also to be served with ice cream.
Gluten free fruit cake: Ingredients
200 g (7 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
50 g (2 oz) coconut flour, sifted
50 g (2 oz) whole unsalted almonds toasted flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic Vanilla powder
2 large free range organic eggs
Pinch of sea salt
4 tbsp dates syrup
150 ml (5 fl oz) brown rice milk or oat milk
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil or 100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic high oleic sunflower oil
3-4 pineapple, sliced
2-3 apricots, washed and dried
1 tbsp coconut flakes
Gluten free fruit cake: Method
- In a bowl, pour the flour, baking powder, vanilla and mix. In another bowl, beat the eggs with salt and date syrup.
- Add the milk, oil and continue to whisk with a whisk until frothy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ones and mix until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin, lined with parchment paper.
- Place the pineapple slices and the apricots, cut in two, on top. Sprinkle with coconut flave and cook, in preheated oven for 30 minutes.