Chocolate and cashew cake is a very tasty sweet with a soft and moist interior.
Cashews are the key ingredient. Cashew milk is a valid vegetable alternative, rich in nourishment, ideal for making the mixture soft. It is free of saturated fats and cholesterol, and, combined with cocoa and chocolates, dampening the bitterness of these ingredients.
For a vegan version you can replace the eggs with eggs replacer and/or 150 g (5 oz) cornstarch/cornflour.
A cake suitable for breakfast but also ideal as a dessert. In this last case, to make this dark chocolate and cashew cake even more delicious, a simple glaze with melted dark chocolate (or covered with cashew butter) will be enough.
Chocolate and cashew cake: Ingredients
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate 70%
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
50 g (2 oz) ground natural cashews
2 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic vanilla “Bourbon” powder
1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
2 large free range organic eggs
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp dates syrup
80 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
100 ml (3½ fl oz) cashew milk
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
Chocolate and cashew cake: Method
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with salt, date syrup, sugar, cashew milk and oil. Add the melted chocolate.
- Add, little by little, the dry ingredients to the liquid ones and mix quickly.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin, lined with parchment paper and bake at 180°C (350° F/Gas 4) for 25 minutes.