Cinnamon, raisins and dark chocolate brownies are a recipe with typically autumn flavors. Raisins and cinnamon are always a winning combination and, with dark chocolate, they become irresistible.
Gluten and dairy free, they are also perfect as a dessert, for tea time or combined with a good dessert wine.
Perfect even in the vegan version, with the egg replacer, they can also be made with natural vegan yogurt and sunflower oil.
The date syrup makes the mixture naturally sweet and creamy. Given the high content of raisins, you can sweeten these cinnamon, raisins and dark chocolate brownies with rainsins and dark chocolate.
150 g (5 oz) raisins
2 tbsp Marsala dessert wine or Rum
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
1 tbsp organic baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
2 large organic free range eggs
Pinch of sea salt
4 tbsp dates syrup
100 ml (3½ fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
80 ml (3 fl oz) brown rice milk
- Wash the raisins and leave to soak in warm water and Marsala for twenty minutes. Once the time has passed, drain and dry the raisins.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add the chocolate and raisins. Stir to mix the ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with salt, date syrup, oil and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquids a little at a time, stir quickly until the ingredients are amalgamated.
- Pour the dough in a pan, lined with parchment paper and bake, in preheated oven, at 180°C (350°/Gas 4).