Oatmeal olive oil cocoa cookies are a simple and fast recipe, ideal for creating crispy and tasty, dairy and eggs free cookies. They are perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack. Crunchy outside and soft inside, these cookies are excellent freshly baked and well maintained for a couple of days.
Makes about 10-15 cookies
80 g (3 oz) raw coconut sugar
50 ml (2 fl oz) organic mild extra virgin olive oil (or cold pressed sunflower oil)
50 g (2 oz) raw cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
150 ml (3 fl oz) 70% dark chocolate cocoa, melted
100 g (3½ oz) cornflour-cornmeal
100 g (3½ oz) oatmeal flour
1 tsp organic baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°/Gas 4).
- In a bowl, beat the sugar with olive oil. Add the cocoa powder, salt, dark chocolate melted and mix.
- Add the flours, baking powder and mix with a spoon.
- Once the dough is compact, create a ball shape and, with a cookie cutter, create the desired shape.
- Put the cookies in a baking tray with baking paper. Cook for 15 minutes.