On my website you find the classic version with egg and butter. I confess I struggled to find an ingredient that could replace the egg, useful to make the chocolate salami compact and easy to cut. For this, I am very satisfied with this recipe. The combination of melted chocolate with vegetable milk is simply perfect and it’s the key to a vegan chocolate salami that does not crumble when cut. This alternative is, as far as I’m concerned, my favorite. A delicious snack, nourishing but lighter than the traditional one.
Make 2 small chocolate salami
300 g (11 oz) wholewheat cookies/biscuits, sugar free
50 g (2 oz) organic raw coconut sugar
50 g (2 oz) toasted whole almonds, chopped
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
200 g (7 oz) dark chocolate, 70%
50 ml brown rice milk (or other vegebetable milk to your liking)
- Crumble the cookies/biscuits. Add the almonds, sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and pour into the mixture.
- In a saucepan, cool the milk and add it to the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients (if necessary, add more biscuits) and compact the dough.
- Separate the mixture into two equal parts and form two cylinders.
- Pour the mixture on two sheets of baking paper and rolled up. Leave in the fridge for about two hours before slicing.