Omelette with spinach and almonds are one of my favorite dish.
Eggs are a precious food. For me, not consuming either meat or fish and food supplements, one egg a week is an important ally. My luck is to have some friends who, like me, love the countryside and healthy food. Their hens are free to move in the countryside and are fed with organic food. The eggs are small and delicious. When there are significant temperature changes during the year (too hot or too cold) the hens do not make eggs and I prefer to wait for the new production.
In life, everything has a cycle and nothing is available all year long without artificial intervention. When you buy eggs, make sure they come from local hens, raised outdoors with organic feed.
With fresh country eggs and spinach, I prepared this delicious omelette, perfect at any time of the day.
Omelette with spinach and almonds: Ingredients
200 g (7 oz) spinach
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
White pepper, to taste
Pinch of sea salt
4 organic free range eggs
2 tbsp almonds flakes
Omelette with spinach and almonds: Method
- Clean and wash the spinach. Peel and chop the shallot and garlic. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, add the chopped shallots and garlic and brown.
- Add the spinach and cook for three minutes. Season with pepper and salt and set aside. In a bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper and grated vegan cheese.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and pour half the eggs. Let cook for two minutes.
- Proceed in the same way for the second omelette.
- Heat the oven to 180° C (350° / Gas 4).
- Cover the omelettes with the spinach and heat two minutes in the oven. Add the flaked almonds and serve.