Pear and ricotta cups are a delicious dessert, perfect to make also with vegan ricotta or other vegan cheese.
Pears are a very versatile fruit, especially in the preparation of sweets. They are rich in iron and copper, precious minerals that help fight muscle fatigue and weakness. Thanks to the content of vitamin A, pears help to counteract the aging of the skin (together with vitamin E) and to protect the eyes.
This dessert is a healthy and nutritious idea, perfect to serve at the end of a meal or for an afternoon snack.
I made these cups with raisin as sweetener. The raisins have numerous beneficial properties. It is rich in copper, iron and B vitamins, very important nutrients for the formation of red blood cells. It contains a considerable amount of fiber and helps correct bowel function. Furthermore, the fibers contained in it help eliminate toxins and waste from the gastrointestinal tract.
If you are not used to low-sugar desserts, you can add a tablespoon of honey or date syrup.
Pear and ricotta cups: Ingredients
2 tbsp raisins (palm oil free)
2 tbsp Marsala dessert wine
Juice of 1 red orange
150 g (5 oz) ricotta, drained
Ground cinnamon, to taste
Pear and ricotta cups: Method
- Wash the raisins and soak in warm water with the Marsala.
- Peel the pears, cut into cubes and place in a saucepan with the orange juice.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes and then let cool.
- Mix the pear sauce with the ricotta and drained raisins and blend in a mixer at full power.
- Spread the cream into 4 glass cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.
Recipe from The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen