Pears and ricotta creamy cups are a delicious, seasonal dessert, perfect to prepare also with vegan ricotta or other vegan cheese.
Pears are a very versatile fruit, especially in the preparation of sweets.
This dessert is a very quick idea, perfect to serve at the end of a meal or for an afternoon snack.
I made these cups with raisin as sweetener. Alternating natural sweeteners is a healthy habit that accustoms the palate to not too many sweet flavors. If you are not yet accustomed to a less sweet flavor, you can add a tablespoon of honey or coconut sugar.
2 tbsp raisins (palm oil free)
2 tbsp Marsala dessert wine
2 tbsp honey
Juice of 1 red orange
150 g (5 oz) ricotta, drained
Ground cinnamon, to taste
- Wash the raisins and soak in warm water with the Marsala.
- Peel the pears, cut into cubes and place in a saucepan with the honey and orange juice.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes and then let cool.
- Mix the pear sauce with the ricotta and drained raisins and blend in a mixer at full power.
- Spread the cream into 4 glass cups, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve immediately.
Recipe from The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen