Honey marble ciambella or the beauty of simplicity. No artifice is needed when the ingredients are organic and of excellent quality.
With the eggs of the hens from the countryside of a dear friend of mine, the fresh organic cream and the stone-ground flours, it is really easy to create a soft, fragrant Italian gluten free honey marble ciambella, perfect for soaking or to bite without anything else, slice by slice.
Honey marble ciambella: Ingredients
3 large free range eggs
100 g (3 ½ oz) acacia honey
1 tbsp organic vanilla “Bourbon” powder
50 ml (3 fl oz) fresh high quality cream
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil
200 g (7 oz) white rice flour, sifted
100 g (3 ½ oz) brown rice flour, sifted
2 tsp organic baking powder
50 g (3 oz) raw cocoa powder
Honey marble ciambella: Method
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with honey and vanilla.
- Slowly add the cream and the olive oil to mix with an electric mixer.
- Add the flours, baking powder and mix quickly.
- Divide the mixture into two parts and add the cocoa to one of them.
- Pour the dough in a baking tin, lined with parchment paper, and bake for 30 minutes at 180°C, in preheated oven.