Vegan dried fruit truffles are one of my classic dessert. Easy to make, dried fruit works wonders and these vegan truffles are a confirmation. My recipe includes the addition of Sicilian pistachios and the chocolate coating. The Medjool dates are indicated for their softness. Unfortunately, you will not get the same results with other dates but, failing Medjool dates, you can soak the dates at your disposal for about an hour.
Makes about 15 truffles
80 g (3 oz) raisins, palm oil free
50 g (2 oz) dried figs
2 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, chopped
5 Medjool dates
150 g (5 oz) dark chocolate, 70%
1 tbsp pistachio, chopped
1 tbsp, toasted hazelnuts (or, almonds, walnuts), chopped
1 tbsp organic coconut flakes
- Wash the raisins and soak in warm water. Drain, dry and put in a blender along with the hazelnuts, figs and dates, chopped.
- Blend until you have a smooth dough. Remove a small amount of dough and make small balls.
- Cool down the balls in the fridge. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Allow to cool.
- Dip the balls in chocolate. Garnish with the pistachio, hazelnuts, coconut flakes and/or other dried fruit.
- Allow the chocolate to thicken at room temperature and store the truffles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe from A Modern Italian table