Soft at the right point, rich in taste and sweetness, this vegan chocolate banana cake is suitable for those who love the sweet lightness of healthy but tasty cakes.
Cocoa beans are the key of this sweet treat. Rich in minerals and nutrients, they are available raw or toasted.
Hazelnut flour and hazelnut milk are two ingredients that particularly exalt the intense taste of dark chocolate 80%, mixed with the 70% one.
100 g (3½ oz) hazelnut flour, sifted
200 g (7 oz) oats flours, sifted
1 tbsp organic baking powder
1 tbsp raw cocoa dusted fava beans
Pinch of sea salt
100 g (3½ oz) raw coconut sugar
100 ml (3½ fl oz) hazelnut drink, sugar free
100 ml (3½ fl oz) organic high oleic cold pressed sunflower oil
3 bananas, mashed
100 g (3½ fl oz) dark chocolate 70%, melted
100 g (3½ fl oz) dark chocolate 80%, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180° (350°F/Gas 4).
- In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, mix and put aside.
- In another bowl, mix the hazelnut milk/drink and oil. Add the mashed bananas and the two types of melted chocolate.
- Pour the dried ingredients, little at a time, along with the liquid ones and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan, covered with baking paper. Add the whole banana, cut into rounds. Cook for 35 minutes.
- If desired, cover with melted dark chocolate.