Broccoli, Feta and almonds salads is a very special meal. When you grow your own vegetable garden, even a simple dish like this takes on a totally different value. Moreover, without chemical pesticides, vegetables and fruits have a pure, true taste so they are really healthy.
This is not just a salad but also a single dish, rich in vitamins, fiber and protein. In addition, this broccoli, feta and almonds salad has the characteristics that every salad should have: flavors, colors and textures. Broccoli, fresh from the garden, cooked al dente, crunchy toasted almonds and soft feta. You can also replace the feta cheese with rice or with tofu, taking care, in these cases, to add a pinch of salt.
400 g (14 oz) broccoli florets
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
crushed chili, to taste
50 g (2 oz) white almonds, sliced
200 g (7 oz) Feta cheese, cut into cubes
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Boil the broccoli in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain the broccoli and toss in a pan with 6 tablespoons oil, garlic and chili.
- Cook for 5 minutes, adding 2 tablespoons of water to prevent drying.
- Toast the almonds in a clean, dry pan for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the broccoli into a salad bowl, add the feta cheese and toasted almonds.
- Dress with 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
From The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen