In this case, the recipe is even more special because it is made with broccoli from my garden.
Broccoli of my garden are grown without the use of pesticides, perhaps for this reason, when cooked, they maintain a bright color. Once steamed for a few minutes, dip the broccoli in boiling water. In this way, the green will keep completely (or almost) even once cooked in the oven.
The vegan puff pastry is always very useful for quick recipes but it can also contain unhealthy vegetable fats. I do not use it often but when it happens I choose a palm oil-free organic product, preferably made with high oleic sunflower oil.
Broccoli and vegan cheese galette: Ingredients
8/10 broccoli florets, steamed
1 onion, steamed
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
White pepper, to taste
Pinch of sea salt
Chilli powder, to taste
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 sheet organic whole wheat puff pastry, palm oil free
100 g (3½ oz) organic vegan soft cheese
Broccoli and vegan cheese galette: Method
- In a pan, flavor the broccoli and the onion with two extra virgin olive oil (2 tbsps), white pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle the surface with breadcrumbs and add the broccoli.
- Cover the broccoli with soft vegan cheese.Roll out the puff pastry over a round baking tray (22-23 cm), covered with baking paper.
- At low heat, add the chilli powder.
- Bake, in preheated oven, at 180°(350°/Gas 4) for 25/30 minutes.