Vegan marble and banana cake is a delicious breakfast treat, ideal also as a snack.
The key to this recipe are cashew flour and cashew drink/milk. The cashew flour is obtained by blending them. Cashew milk is one of the delicious varieties of plant based milk, very creamy and ideal for cakes.
Cashews help against osteoporosis and high cholesterol. They contain less fat than other types of dried fruit. Rich in oleic acid, a substance considered healthy for heart and vessels, they are very rich in copper.
If you do not like bananas, excellent egg substitute, you can use organic egg replacer powder.
Vegan marble and banana cake: Ingredients
100 g (3½ oz) organic cashew flour
50 g (2 oz) roasted hazelnut flour
250 g (9 oz) organic Farro flour, sifted (or Spelt flour)
2 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic vanilla powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 ripe bananas, mashed
150 ml (5 fl oz) cashew milk/drink
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml/3½ fl oz organic high oleic sunflower oil)
3 tbsp soy free vegan banana yogurt
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Vegan marble and banana cake: Method
- In a bowl, mix the flour with baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the bananas with milk, oil and yogurt.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the solids and stir.
- Pour half of the dough into a cake tin, lined with parchment paper. Add the cocoa to the other half of the mixture. Add the cocoa dough to the white mixture.
- Bake at 180° (350°/Gas 4) for 30 minutes