Carrot and potato soup is a creamy delight, ideal to be enjoyed throughout the year.
Cashew nuts are the key to this recipe, rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. Soaked the night before and blend, they give a perfect texture to a soup, dense at the right point.
Cashews have innumerable properties. They contain tryptophan, an essential amino acid precursor of serotonin, the hormone of good humor, sleep, sexuality, appetite and body temperature. Cashews are rich in oleic acid, mono-unsaturated fat which has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system and high cholesterol.
They help in case of hypertension due to magnesium intake.
They contain a flavonoid that protects the eyes and are also rich in potassium and calcium.
My advice is to include them in other soups and / or in your daily diet.
Carrot and potato soup: Ingrendients
Pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Pepper, to taste
2 tbsp natural cashew, soaked the previous evening and blend
1 tbsp toasted hazelnut, chopped
Carrot and potato soup: Method
- Peel the carrots and cut into cubes. Peel the potatoes and chop coarsely. Clean and cut the onion.
- Cook the vegetables in a pan with plenty of water. When it is half cooked add the salt.
- Drain the vegetables, leaving a little cooking water.
- Pour the vegetables into a saucepan, add the cashews, the cooking water, pepper and blend with an immersion whisk.
- Serve the soup hot or warm, with a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts or other dried fruit.