Gluten free chocolate and amaretti ciambella is one of my winner cakes.
The breakfast cakes, perfect for soaking, are one of the sweetnesses I love most. They are typical of the Italian breakfast and our tradition of homemade cakes, simple but with special ingredients.
This Ciambellla is made with unrefined flours, naturally gluten-free and sweetened with date syrup.
Olive oil, and good dark chocolate, are the key to a traditional but contemporary recipe where taste and nourishment blend perfectly.
Gluten free chocolate and amaretti ciambella: Ingredients
200 g (7 oz) 70% dark chocolate, gluten free
1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
300 g (11 oz) brown rice flour, sifted
2 tbsp rice starch (or cornstarch/cornflour)
2 tsp organic baking powder
1 tsp organic vanilla “Bourbon” powder
80 g (3 oz) amaretti cookies, chopped
3 free range organic eggs
Pinch of sea salt
100 g (3 ½ oz) raw coconut sugar
150 ml ( 5 fl oz) brown rice milk/drink (or other plant based milk)
80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml- 3 ½ fl oz organic high oleic sunflower oil)
Gluten free chocolate and amaretti ciambella: Method
- Chop the chocolate and melt in a bain-marie.
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa with the rice flour, rice starch, baking powder, vanilla and amaretti.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the pinch of salt and sugar. Add the milk, oil, melted chocolate and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients, slowly, until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the dough into a mold, previously floured and oiled.
- Bake at 180° (Gas 4) for 40 minutes.