Tofu sticks with Parmigiano sauce are a delicious, healthy treat.
Thanks to this simple dish, some of my friends have changed their minds on the pleasantness of tofu. Tofu has a neutral flavor which according to some, is its weak point. On the contrary, I think it’s its strong point because it allows you to experiment with various seasonings.
Tofu sticks with Parmigiano sauce, become a crisp and tasty idea that will appeal to children, too.
Tofu sticks with Parmigiano sauce: Ingredients
Pinch of sea salt
100 g (3½ oz) natural tofu
60 g (2 oz) brown rice flour
1 large beaten egg
60 g (2 oz) breadcrumbs
4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
100 g (3½ oz) Parmigiano cheese, grated
60 ml (2 oz) organic rice drink (or cow’s milk)
Grated nutmeg or white pepper, to taste
Tofu sticks with Parmigiano sauce: Method
- Wash and clean the asparagus, removing the hardest part at the end and blanch in salted water for about 10minutes (cooking should be al dente). Drain and set aside.
- Drain the tofu and cut into strips. Prepare one bowl containing the flour, one bowl containing beaten egg with a pinch of salt and one bowl containing the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each stick of tofu, in sequence, in the flour, egg and then breadcrumbs. In an oiled skillet, cook the tofu sticks for a few minutes until they are golden.
- Arrange the sticks on a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the Parmigiano with the milk, until it becomes a fluid cream. Remove from heat, add the nutmeg or pepper according to your taste.
- In a dish, place the asparagus and tofu and season with the Parmigiano sauce, prepared just before serving.