Farro and buckwheat salad is a comforting Spring dish.
Farro and buckwheat are ancient cereals rich in nourishment and taste. Perfect in winter soups, they are also ideal as fresh summer salads.
As Farro, Buckwheat too contains high amounts of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Very rich in B and K vitamins, it is a health ally.
The key to this simple salad is the quality of the ingredients (seasonal and organic) and the acacia honey, perfect also to sweeten the strong taste of Buckwheat. Alternatively, millefiori or citrus honey are also recommended.
Acacia honey is a powerful antibacterial, counteracts stomach acid and has a detoxifying effect. Prefer raw honey, not subjected to industrial processing and adulteration. Acacia honey, given its versatility, is among the most sought after in the world, so it is also the most adulterated. For this reason, it is preferable to choose local honey.
Farro and Buckwheat salad: Ingredients
150 g (5 oz) hulled Farro
100 g (3½ oz) Buckwheat
2 tbsp capers, desalted
White pepper, to taste
The juice of one (or two if small) organic lemon
4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp Acacia honey
Farro and Buckwheat salad: Method
- Wash the Farro and cook al dente or according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Wash the Buckwheat and cook al dente or according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside
- Wash and peel the carrots and cut into rondelles.
- Wash and cut the lettuce roughly.
- In a bowl, place the Farro, buckwheat, vegetables, capers, pepper and mix.
- In a separate bowl, emulsify the lemon juice with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and honey. Pour the citronette into the Farro and Buckwheat salad and serve immediately.